Jackson County Airport
The Jackson County Airport is a public, general aviation airport located three miles (by air) southeast of Sylva, the county seat, and one mile from Western Carolina University. The airport is the most scenic mountain airport in North Carolina, situated on a ridge at just over 2,800 feet with 360 panoramic views of the Great Smoky and Blue Ridge mountains.
The facility is open 24-7 with self-service 100 low-lead fuel, accessible restrooms and a planning area. Free Wi-Fi is available on the field.
Aircraft operating from the field generally ranges from light-sport, single and twin engine general aviation aircraft, with occasional turbo-prop aircraft such as Pilatus PC-12 and helicopter activity.
About the airport:
- Address: Airport Road, Sylva, North Carolina 28779.
- Driving Directions: From Sylva, follow NC-107 South for approximately five miles to the traffic light at Little Savannah Road, across from Western Carolina University. Turn right and travel approximately one and one-half miles. Turn right onto Airport Road and proceed a one half mile to the gated entrance to the field.
- Airport Identifier: 24A
- Published Approach: RNAV (GPS) Runway 33
- Elevation: 2857 Feet MSL
- Runway Length: 3210 Feet Runway Width: 60 Feet
- Runways: 33 and 15 – Left traffic for both
- Unicom: 123.00 AWOS: 123.00 3 Clicks for automated WX
- Pilot Controlled Runway Lighting: 5 clicks medium intensity, 7 clicks high intensity
- Fuel: 24-hour, Self-service. 100LL Avgas. All major credit cards accepted
- Tie-down fees: $10/night, $60/month (Envelopes and drop box at terminal
- Contact: Airport Operations Manager (828-586-0321).
- Ground Transportation: Taxi service is available; rental cars through Enterprise in Sylva.
Web Info: http://airnav.com/airport/24A